re:[IP] Disetronics vs MM

<<<<<<<<Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 05:03:07 -0500
From: "margo2" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Disetronics vs MM

I haven't made up my mind about which pump to get and am leaning towards
disetronic product because of some negative comments I've heard
MiniMed. I called MM yesterday and held on the phone for over 20 minutes
before hanging up, and never spoke with anyone. When I had called
they went out of their way to answer any questions I had.

I like the idea of having a back-up pump, just as I always have a
meter. I knew nothing but the basic idea of the pump until recently and
comparing features I still lean towards the Disetronic but am no expert
have no experience with pumps. The diabetes care center is the only one
our area and my doctor is affiliated with them. They had mentioned they
carried Diesetronic over the phone but when I went there yesterday the
educator said they hadn't seen a representative for a long time, that
just quit coming. He pushed the paradigm, which he himself was wearing.
comments would be appreciated as I would rather not make a mistake in
choosing my pump.

Hi Margo,
Personally I would be upset with any health professional pushing what
they used on me.
It is a personal choice.  It sounds like you had some good reasons for
wanting to go with disetronic.  Just because they haven't contacted your
dr's office is no reason not to get one.  I contacted disetronic myself,
my dr's office didn't.
If you call their 1-800-688-4578 number they can put you in contact with
your local rep.
Just go with the customer service part and they can help you.

Choosing a pump is a major decision.  Make the one that is right for

ps  Notice I did no putting down of MM in this email  :)

pumping since 08-00