[IP] Suspending pump and curiousity

I've seen many references to people disconnecting from their pump, and
worrying about missing insulin delivery, or having to prime to
compensate, etc.  This gets me thinking.

The Paradigm has a "Suspend" feature.  This will stop the pump from
delivering any insulin until you resume.  Once you resume, any basal
insulin that you missed will be delivered at the next scheduled
delivery time so that you never actually miss any insulin.
(Suspending, does, however, stop any bolus insulin that it was

Anyhow, do not all pumps have this feature? When I shower, I
disconnect...but I suspend the pump first and then resume the pump when
I reconnect.  (It is nice because the pump also beeps to remind me to
resume in case I forget to.)  Anyhow, I never have to worry about
missing insulin this way, etc.

I also have paid attention to  whether any "air" gets in the line while
disconnected.  While I've not disconnected for more than 30 minutes at
a time, I've never once had any air enter the line to worry about
priming.  Perhaps the QuickSets handle this better than other sets???

Just curious about this, since I'm only familiar with the Paradigm.