[IP] Disetronics vs MM

I haven't made up my mind about which pump to get and am leaning towards the
disetronic product because of some negative comments I've heard concerning
MiniMed. I called MM yesterday and held on the phone for over 20 minutes
before hanging up, and never spoke with anyone. When I had called Disetronic
they went out of their way to answer any questions I had.

I like the idea of having a back-up pump, just as I always have a back-up
meter. I knew nothing but the basic idea of the pump until recently and when
comparing features I still lean towards the Disetronic but am no expert and
have no experience with pumps. The diabetes care center is the only one in
our area and my doctor is affiliated with them. They had mentioned they
carried Diesetronic over the phone but when I went there yesterday the
educator said they hadn't seen a representative for a long time, that they
just quit coming. He pushed the paradigm, which he himself was wearing. Any
comments would be appreciated as I would rather not make a mistake in
choosing my pump.