Re: [IP] Top Tips

 I have not had to re-prime my pump after disconnecting for a shower. When I
first read the message saying oyu needed to I was a bit confused since I have
never had to.April

 George Lovelace <email @ redacted> wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible
by your tax deductible contributions.

On 7 May 2003 at 12:10, john h. williams wrote:

> Those of you who are worried about disconnecting for a shower should
> relax. You can disconnect, plug the insert, and then reconnect. The
> only important thing to remember is that you must prime again when you
> reconnect. I prime 0.6 unit. That seems to work.

That seems to work...... For YOU!!! It is definitely a YMMV situation with
needing to "re-
prime" when you reconnect. I usually don't miss that much insulin taking a
shower and
people's basals can vary quite a lot from needing 0.6 units to make up the
missed basal
during a shower. Now if you are speaking of having to re-priming the tubing, if
the pump
is left on and placed on a level surface, the insulin tends to NOT recede from
the end of
the tube. I know that can be affected by putting the pump in pause, the
pressure or even the level of the Dow! ;>)

But when you say that "you must prime again when you reconnect" SHOULD be
with a YMMV.

George :>)

Do you Yahoo!?