re:[IP] I Give Up! A1C wont Improve

<<<<<<<<Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 02:44:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <email @ redacted>
Subject: re:[IP] I Give Up! A1C wont Improve

- --- Faith <email @ redacted> wrote:
> OK, I have to vent so here goes--I have had two pump
> reps, one much more
> than the other, who acted like my Educator was
> getting me a new pump.
> The issue was a three minute basal and if it made a difference in A1C.

Good day all!  I am feeling ignorant here, but what is
a 3 minute basal?  I was also wondering what your BGs
have been?  If you have been testing a lot and are
within normal range your A1c should be good...right?
Now for me,  my A1c is about 6.5, but that is a bit
misleading because I am pretty much all over the map
with my BGs, so the average looks great.
I am sorry that you are having trouble with your team.
 I have just moved to Nashville and have received what
seems like a good referral, but have yet to make an
apt.  I was spoiled by Mayo...they were great to me.
Good luck...Blessings  Cynthia>>>>>>>>>.
it wasn't me who was having trouble with A1c's it was Laura.
I was replying to her email.  Please be careful how you cut and paste.
A 3 minute basal in a delivery of 1/20th of your hourly basal rate
every 3 minutes over the hour.  I have read that it does help some
people and other's it makes no difference.  Different pumps deliver
the basals on different time schedules.
I hope your referral turns out to be as good as your drs at Mayo.

pumping since 08-00