-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Thomas J. Beatson
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 5:16 PM
To: Insulin Pumpers

On Wed, 7 May 2003 11:23:01 -0400, Bruce Felstein wrote:
 > You are sort of close.  A 3 minute basal means that the pump delivers
 > basal dosage every 3 minutes.  The MiniMed pumps only deliver the basal
 > dosages every 10 minutes.  That is the lowest rate that they can do.

Sorry Bruce, but I have to disagree. I have used MiniMed pumps (506 and
508) since 1995. If, as you indicate, the MiniMed pumps could only
deliver every 10 minutes, that would be a basal rate of 0.6 per hour. I
use basal rates of 0.7 and 0.8 during part of the day, and I can hear
the pump click every 8 4/7 minutes or every 7.5 minutes. And I
appreciate getting these clicks. What is your reference for the claim
they can only deliver every 10 minutes?

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000