[IP] Insulin Pumping

Hi all,

I've been on the minimed pump for 2 months now and can't believe how easy
the adjustment has been for me.  Why didn't I do this sooner?  Oh yes, in
Canada insurance pays for nothing and approx.  $6000 for the machine and
$200 per month in supplies is what held me back in the past.  But i hate to
have had to put a price tag on my health.  I ski in the winter and run in
the summer and found that my sugars would be all over the place before.  I
would perform best when i would have bg between 4.0 - 6.0 (72-108).  On the
pump its amazing how much more energy i have doing the same thing as before.
  I felt like i was always fighting my sugars know i remember what it felt
like pre-diabetes days.  I miss those days anyway,
I find my body doesn't feel like its starving any more.  I have more energy.
  I don't have that constant low grade hunger that had followed me around
for so many years that i thought it was normal.
I find i am able to run 10km now without getting bad hypos or having my
sugars gradually rise during the run.

Pumping rules.
Just need to let it all out.  Ya-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!!!!!

Your fellow pumper