[IP] Re: Switch from pumping

>>>Has anyone tried the lantus insulin to provide 24 hour basal and come off
pump.  my endo has suggested this.

.............................Steve>>>

Steve,

Are you having problems operating your pump? Does your endo think it will be
easier on *him/her* if you are not pumping? This is a rather unusual,
puzzling question. Pumps allow different basal rates throughout the day,
where Lantus is a flat rate. Pumps allow one injection every 2-5 days and
you'd be covering your bolus/food/carb amounts with injections equalling
about 4+ injections per DAY. Why is s/he suggesting this? Does s/he have to
endure that many injections him-/herself and wants someone else to *suffer*
along with him/her?

*IF* it were me, I wouldn't go for it and would find a doc who would handle
my pumping needs. YMMV (~_^)

Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the
difference

=