[IP] Update on Bad Insulin

I finally got ahold of someone at Novo-Nordisk (who,
by the way, did not have any record of me in any of
their databases).

I explained the problem I had last week with their
insulin (Novolog).  I had to talk to several people,
answer a jillion questions, explain how I changed my
sets 6 times and used 3 different bottles of insulin
and swear that I had not abused any other substances,
food, or people and FINALLY was told that they would
be *happy* to exchange my 2 bottles of insulin.

Now *that* presented a problem since once I xfr the
insulin from their vial to the Dtron+ reservoirs,
their vial goes promptly into the trash can.  Trash
day was last Thursday.

So, I gathered up those remaining 7 vials of insulin
(had already trashed the first 3 during site changes)
and took them to my local pharmacy anyway (the
pharmacy that Novo-Nordisk called to make the drop).
The pharmacist there was clueless, but I convinced him
I understood diabetes and the effects that bad insulin
have on my body (I think the mention of BGs in the
high 400s must have swayed him).  He gave me two new
bottles fresh out of their 'fridge and I handed over
the bad stuff.

I hope it's all done!!  And that no undercover cops
were watching the whole transaction. LOL.

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?