RE: [IP] Re: Allergy to tape

Well, like diabetes, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another
so your suggestions are well-taken. I'm going to see if they don't have some
samples of the various tapes so I can see which one will work.

I'll see what they have to say today as to the delivery device. I've had
lots of major surgeries and the biggest problem for me was.......the
IV......I hated that with a passion....could deal with the post-op surgical
pain better! It's a psychological problem here....when I see the word
cannula I think "IV".....

Thanks for the input.

There are several styles of tapes that are used with the infusion sets. Try
some of them before you start pumping and see which one works best for you.
I like the two that come with the SofSet package, and the Op-Site #4575 by
Smith+Nephew. Apply the tape(s) and if an allergic reaction occurs, take it
off without disturbing a set since it's just the tape applied.

As far as pain, I'm highly sensitive and have lots of feeling with the
dialysis needles, however, the insertions of the SofSets (Teflon canula)
with the SofSerter is virtually unfelt - of just one instantaneous poke
occasionally. Ask for some trial sets before you begin pumping to wear for
about 3 days to see the comfort level you have. I inserted my sets manually
for about 6 years before they came out with the Serter device. Before that I
used the straight needle (steel) which I bent myself.

Let us know what works for you. (~_^)

Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.