[IP] Re: Allergy to tape

>>>Within 24 hours of having this tape on my skin it blisters and bleeds.
anyone had this problem and, if so, how did you get around the problem?
The other concern is, of course, PAIN upon insertion of the needle or
cannula. I would like to hear from everyone that considers this procedure a
relatively minor procedure with minimal pain. >>>

There are several styles of tapes that are used with the infusion sets. Try
some of them before you start pumping and see which one works best for you.
I like the two that come with the SofSet package, and the Op-Site #4575 by
Smith+Nephew. Apply the tape(s) and if an allergic reaction occurs, take it
off without disturbing a set since it's just the tape applied.

As far as pain, I'm highly sensitive and have lots of feeling with the
dialysis needles, however, the insertions of the SofSets (Teflon canula)
with the SofSerter is virtually unfelt - of just one instantaneous poke
occasionally. Ask for some trial sets before you begin pumping to wear for
about 3 days to see the comfort level you have. I inserted my sets manually
for about 6 years before they came out with the Serter device. Before that I
used the straight needle (steel) which I bent myself.

Let us know what works for you. (~_^)

Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.