re:[IP] I Give Up! A1C wont Improve

<<<<<<<<From: "Laura Shapiro" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] I Give Up! A1C wont Improve

OK, I have to vent so here goes--I have had two pump reps, one much more
than the other, who acted like my Educator was getting me a new pump.
The issue was a three minute basal and if it made a difference in A1C.
I guess I wont know, because she has no intention of doing this (neither
does the Endo.)

So, this morning I go to the clinic and am all of two minutes late--they
tried to send me home. It took a half hour in rush hour to get there, so
I said I was not going home.  Then they do an instant A1C which is still
at a 9.  Been a 9 forever, but was actually better under the care of my
old Endo and HMO.

There isn't a whole lot left for me to do.

I'd be very upset too, is this the only endo and educator your insurance
will now let you see?  I would not want to go back.
I have heard that the 3 minute basal makes a difference for some people
but can't give you personal experience because I've always used a 3
minute basal pump.  I think it's an individual thing.
I hope you can find some way to get a better DR!

pumping since 08-00