[IP] Re: Nerve Question - some DM content

> My MD poo-poo'd the problem & attributed it to old
> age.  (He's fired now as my diabetes-ologist - how
> dare he intimate that I could be OLD??).  My endo said
> "don't know what that is - maybe see a nerve-ologist."
> (meaning not caused by DM)

Hey! I sure like your docs' names!! <wink wink>

> Anyway, over the last 2 weeks that area has begun to
> itch & tingle occasionally.  Would that be consistent
> with the nerves regenerating??

Sounds to *me* (not a docologist) that it could. Those sensations usually
mean regrowth of nerves. Can turn you wacky sometimes. - uhm, not *you* but

> I'm thinking now that I must have "pinched" a nerve in
> my knee causing the loss of feeling in that area (if
> you must know - the area is about the size of a tennis
> ball).

Are  you missing any tennis balls? That could be your problem. ;-)

> Mostly just wondering if once you lose sensation (DM
> caused & I still can't think of that word) - does the
> nerve ever "come back"?  Has anyone here ever
> experienced return of feeling to their fingers or toes
> once they've lost the feeling (due to DM)??

I had severe neuropathy of my feet and legs and after better BG control and
meds, I have full feeling back.

> - -gail in denver
> Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11.  Pumping since 1985-ish.

hmmmm - I just realized you were born in 61 and my dtr was also. hmmmmm -
please do not consider yourself old cuz you know what that makes ME!

You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair
that you once got from a roller coaster