[IP] Nerve Question - some DM content

Some of you will remember about 8 months ago I was
concerned about loss of sensation in a lateral area
just below my left knee cap.  Just before the loss of
sensation I had been crawling around on my knees
(looking for my glasses??) and experienced an
excruciatingly sharp stabbing pain down my leg,
originating just under the knee cap.

My MD poo-poo'd the problem & attributed it to old
age.  (He's fired now as my diabetes-ologist - how
dare he intimate that I could be OLD??).  My endo said
"don't know what that is - maybe see a nerve-ologist."
(meaning not caused by DM)

Someone here on the list (Dr. Spot?) suggested it
might indeed be a form of (my brain just froze) dm
nerve disease.  (I really hate when I can't think of
the word I want to use).

Anyway, over the last 2 weeks that area has begun to
itch & tingle occasionally.  Would that be consistent
with the nerves regenerating??

I'm thinking now that I must have "pinched" a nerve in
my knee causing the loss of feeling in that area (if
you must know - the area is about the size of a tennis

Mostly just wondering if once you lose sensation (DM
caused & I still can't think of that word) - does the
nerve ever "come back"?  Has anyone here ever
experienced return of feeling to their fingers or toes
once they've lost the feeling (due to DM)??

It's not worth seeing an MD about - it causes me no
discomfort and it does not cause any loss of enjoyment
of my life.  Mostly am just curious.

Thanks for any knowledgeable info!

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?