Re: [IP] Re: I think I may beat the insurance company!!!

My insurance considers test strips durable medical equipment... i
certianly don't use them for more than 5 seconds ;-} I'm $87.23 away
from my out-of-pocket maximum for the year already, so i'll be ordering
300-400 strips a month ("Oh doctor, I test 20 times a day *wink*
*wink*") so that when next year hits i've got a little buffer before i
have to pay the $400 deductible and 20% copay.
On another note: Are tests strips more expensive than they were 12 years
ago? When I was diagnosed 12 years ago my insurance wouldn't pay for
_any_ test strips so we paid like $45 for a box of 100 OneTouch strips
at Costco. When I asked MiniMed how much they were charging my insurance
for test strips, they said $45 for a box of 50. Have prices gone up that
dramatically? Is MiniMed doing terrible things to my insurance? Or was
Costco just _really_ cheap?