[IP] Re: Type 1s, weight loss, and the pump

I wanted to respond to what Terry wrote a couple days ago.

 I am 5'4" and am down to 108-110 now. I'm ok with what my weight is but I know
I'm on the low end of what's considered "normal" for my height and I don't want
to lose any more weight. I am generally pretty strict with what I eat except for
the occasional giving in to cravings or mistaking how many carbs I eat. I've
tried to eat more carb-wise but any time I seem to do that, my blood sugars go
up even if I bolus for the extra amount. I really don't think it's a matter of
spilling ketones however. I'm wondering if I just need a higher insulin:carb
ratio and with that increase my carb intake as needed.

 I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who has gone through this. My one
year anniversary as having diabetes comes next month so I'm still a newbie to
all this. I'm just hopeful that I can maintain my weight from now on!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who responded to my quandry, I appreciate it!

Do you Yahoo!?