Re: [IP] Virus thru address book

Please note, that this is a HOAX!! Do NOT delete the file listed below. It
is a file used by Windows. This has been posted on this list at least a
dozen times over the last few years. To prevent these hoaxes from being
spread in the future, please do not post any virus warnings directly onto
the list without checking with HELP@insulin-pumpers.org first.

Two ways to strongly  suspect that messages like this are hoaxes:

1. It claims that none of the current anti-virus programs will detect this
infection. (The truth is that for real viruses, there are new signature
files posted within days)

2. It asks you to pass this on to everyone you know.

Also, if you do a Google search on "virus called jdbgmgr.exe" you'll find
dozens of references to the truth of this type of thing.

Sam Skopp