re: [IP] the 15 Rule for lows

Is there anyone out there whom this actually DOES work
for?Because if there is,I'd like to have their brand
of diabetes...all joking aside,of course this is a
YMMV situation but why do so many CDEs and docs
advocate it as one of those essential diabetes
laws?Maybe it works for most,I think they should take
a poll.(ok,how many of you only eat/drink 15 carbs for
lows?)I learned that it definatly didn't apply to me
on the first low of my diabetic life-when I dropped
from 75 to 32 in the space of 15 minutes,(dutifully
following the CDE's advice)(after drinking 15 carbs of
juice)By then,I was pretty out of it and required the
first glucagon shot of my life..
Now at anything under 70,I take 30+ fast acting carbs
because I have a tendency to drop fast + hard.If it
works for someone,great,but there are plenty of people
who it doesn't work for..I asked my endo one time if
it depended on how much insulin TDD one took,as to how
much carbs it took to get the bg up and couldn't get a
straight answer.(I think he said it just depended on
how low the bg was,and how much insulin was still
working)Which it does,(but it didn't exactly answer my
question)-but do smaller adults with lower TDD's
typically need more carbs,or less to get up?(in
general)I've puzzled over this,because it logiclly
seem they'd need less,but I'm a smaller adult(with a
low TDD) and it takes a ton of carbs to get me up from
any low.
    -Heidi