[IP] Re: article [pump] "double dose that lowered her sugar to a critical level"

In a message dated 5/2/03 2:13:31 PM, email @ redacted writes:

>CENTENNIAL - A 4-year-old boy saved his mother's life Wednesday morning
>dialing 911 and calmly informing operators her blood sugar was dangerously
>"My mom can't walk or talk," Nathan Compton told the operator after finding
>his mother, Shayne Compton, collapsed on the floor of the family room.
This reminds me of a time when my daughter was about 5 and I was divorced. We
were packing up the car to go on a vacation. Liz was sitting in the front
seat, and I said, "oops, I feel a little low so I better go back in the house
and grab something to eat before we get on the road. (This was before my

When I came back out to the car, she was sitting there practicing the word
diabetes. Kids are pretty smart sometimes.