RE: [IP] pumping with R

When I am out to dinner or something comes up where I can not build in
the time to wait for the R to kick in I bolus with a humalog pen. If it
is something like pizza I split it and bolus some with humalog and the
rest out of the pump.

May basal rates are set as basal rates to stat between 80-100 night and
day with no food or snacking necessary. So I need to count everything I
eat and take either a pump bolus or by injection.

Personally for me being on the pump does not eliminate shots everyday,
it was for the control.

Gail Donohue