[IP] Re: Diabetes 101 & Aspartame

> Before I
>became a diabetic I stayed away from everything with
>aspertaine and other diet products.  Just as a general
>health concern.  Now that I need to have them I worry
>about it.

When I was a kid (longggggggg time ago) all we had was saccharin. As an
adult I went to a Tupperware training session in Chicago and at a hotel
ordered iced tea and asked for saccharin. The waitress stood there hollering
at me that didn't I know saccharin caused bladder cancer and why on earth
would I want it? I politely said to give it to me and shut up. Wellllll, not
exactly in those words, but I got it. (~_^)

Then Cyclamates came along. What a joy!!! I loved the stuff and used it for
16 years - and even fed it to my kids and hugsband since I cooked for *me*
and wouldn't make two separate meals. GONE!!! Too dangerous since those mice
that drank the equivalent of 326 soda pops a day died! Horrors!!!  Now we
have Aspartame/Equal - I love it. I used to put Sweet 'n Low (a saccharin
product) on fresh, mashed strawberries and added water to make juice. Now I
sprinkle Equal (a protein derivative) and the berries make a natural juice.

I'll be 64 this month - and all those poisons (each) I used for years and
years, as well as several discontinued meds. My bod may be falling apart,
but I still have my right mind. <g>

For the skinny on Aspartame: http://tinyurl.com/awl1

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.