[IP] Re: Brittle DM

>>> I don't see how anyone can live on a set dose of insulin prescribed by
their doctor and eat set amounts of carbs at meals.>>>

When the term Brittle DM was pretty common, we had nothing but one shot a
day and set amounts of carb/fat/protein for each meal at the same time every
day. We had no home BG testing methods and the one blood test we got every
1-3 months was at a lab - fasting. The pee tests really told us nothing.

When people ended up in the ER with a hypo or DKA, it was because they were
*brittle.* Old terms are hard to shake.