Re: [IP] about alcohol

At 04:08 AM 5/3/2003 -0400, Shelley Valentine wrote:

>  I'm sure that the U.S. government has a $1,000,000,000.00 study on it. Don't
>cure the damn disease because the pharmaceutical companies will lose $$.

Pharmaceutical companies have no power to dictate what research the U. S.
government will support.  The purpose of research is to find out more about
any particular disease.  Research funds are granted based on the quality of
the proposed research, not the intended outcome.  To specify an outcome
would automatically bias the research.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.