Re: [IP] Type 1s, weight loss, and the pump

Hi my name is Terry. I'm so glad someone is going thru the same thing as me.
Been diag. 3 1/2 yrs ago, been pumping about 2 yrs. and I feel the same exact
way, catch 22 if i eat normal I would have great blood sugars, but I also eat
like a pig to maintain my weight. I would like to be 5lbs more. It feels like
insurance incase i get sick I would have a little weight to spare. My last
a1c was 7.6 I know it should be better, but because I eat somewhat whatever I
want , I dont think its that bad. I'm female 5ft4in and weigh about 122lbs. I
dont understand because hemolog is supposed to make you gain weight. I guess
alot of people diabetic and non diabetic wish they could do that . but I
worry about it. I dont know what is worse better sugars and look anorexic or
higher sugars and maintain a little fat. I wonder if the fact that we eat
whater we want and your sugar spikes, maybe were spilling keatons and
therefore cant gain weight??? Please reply                 thanks terry