[IP] about alcohol

Chris wrote:
"I remember hearing once  that before insulin was
discovered that a  treatment for diabetes was to drink wine."
Not that I would necessarily recommend that other people do this (sure I
would, but some people reading this site are under age), but for the last 20
years I've been drinking 2 glasses of dry wine every day before/with dinner,
and my total daily insulin dose is only 12-13 U. (My A1c is 6.5 and
cholesterol/triglyceride levels are fantastic, too!) Perhaps there's a
connection? I wonder if there are any studies on alcohol and insulin
sensitivity. ??? --Mary R