[IP] New BD Meter

I am curious about this new meter.  I am supposed to be getting my first
insulin pump in a few days (maybe, Ive been waiting three or four months now
for medi-cal to approve it!).  My MM rep told me everyone getting a paradigm
will also be getting the BD Logic for free.  My question is why (not that Im
complaining)?  The BD website says nothing about MiniMed and the MiniMed
website says nothing about the BD meter.  I know that the Paradigm is
supposed to 'talk' to the BD Logic, right?  Whats up?  Im confused, and Im
not even low!