[IP] Re: pumping with R

> It was only after starting pumping (which was after Humalog came out)
> that I really learned to eat when I was hungry, not when the clock (or
> hypoglycemia) said it was time to eat. Are any current R pumpers, or
> any of you long-term pumpers who used to use R, able to actually do
> this on R?

The part I remember the most about using R in the pump (for abt 15 years)
was that 20 min. lead time before eating was necessary. The problem that
posed most often was in restaurants: Server takes order, but when will food
actually be in your mouth? Go to McD's and no line - do you bolus and stand
and wait 20 min then there's a long line in front of you?

I often had 20 sec. lead time. But that was before I was 'netting and have
since learned at least 17 things about pumping I hadn't been taught as
techniques progressed. (~_^)

Learn from the turtle, it only makes progress when it sticks out it's neck.