Re: [IP] Minimed

 I have Cigna but also Gentiva. I have not had to re-order supplies yet. But I
did get my starting stuff veru quickly. 2 weeks after the initial phone

 email @ redacted wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax
deductible contributions.

My pharmacy has still not gotten payment for my supplies. I have been pumping
 since November and they have very gracously been giving me my supplies. They
 that for the first little while the insurance companies are real slow at
 the payments for the supplies sent out cause its a new product to them and
more work for then - rather then writing a check for say insulin which they've
done a million+ times. BUT still I think 5 months is alittle slow!
It could be your insurance end that is slowing things down.

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm

> I have been using the Minimed Paradigm pump since January of this
> year.
> About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I ordered new supplies since I was down to
> having one
> month of supplies on hand. In my particular case, Minimed uses a
> company
> called Gentiva for billing with my insurance company. Anyway, I
> had not
> heard anything from Minimed so I called them on Wednesday. They
> indicated
> they had faxed an authorization request form to Gentiva on April
> 15 but had
> not had a response. They re-faxed the form on Wednesday of this
> week and I
> have been unsuccessfully trying to get a status update on what's
> going on
> with my order. I also called Gentiva directly but had to leave a
> message
> for someone. Has anyone else had this kind of experience with
> Minimed? It
> seems to me that if I'm going to pay the kind of money involved
> with a pump
> and supplies, the company behind it should do a better job of
> administering
> orders, other than just faxing a form to their billing company. I
> really
> liked the service I had from Minimed at first but now I'm
> beginning to
> wonder.... Just curious if anyone else has had this kind of
> experience.

Do you Yahoo!?