Re: [IP] about alcohol

,

>  I don't want to be argumentative, but as a nurse CDE I have trouble when
I read
> misinformation on this list. Most of the time I don't respond. What I
posted is
> a fact of glucose metabolism not my personal theory; alchohol does not
consume
> sugar. I mentioned peaking insulin for emphasis only. I should have
referred to
> any insulin action, but the truth is that pumpers always have some basal
insulin
> that is peaking sometime all things being equal.
>
> Leigh

Hi Leigh!

I am certainly not going  to argue with someone who has a "black belt" in
Diabetes. <G>

But, I do have a question.  I remember hearing once  that before insulin was
discovered that a  treatment for diabetes was to drink wine.  My
understanding is that it keeps the liver busy and it doesn't put out
glucose.

However, I also heard that more than one or two glasses will make blood
sugars rise from the carbohydrates in the drink.

Am I in the ballpark?

Thanks,

Chris

PS.  I never miss anything that you post.  I have yet to not learn something
by reading what you write.  Again, thanks!