Re: [IP] pumping with R

Linda asked:
>Are any current R pumpers, or any of you long-term
>pumpers who used to use R, able to actually do this
>on R?

I respond:

I used BR (buffered Reg) in my pump in the "old days".
The basics are the same as using Humalog or Novolog in
the pump - except everything is further into the
future.  Instead of 2 hours planning it's a longer
curve for basals & boluses (I've forgotten most of it
by now).  I still ate what I wanted, when I wanted -
since the basic principle of the basal was the same.
When I moved to H - I just reset my basals times for
about two hours earlier & was also able to reduce my
basal rates slightly.

I missed why you are looking at using R in your pump?

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?