Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 22:13:10 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Subject: Re: [IP] about alcohol

I believe your right mostly about alcohol not consuming carbs and I
appreciate your explanation about how carbs and alcohol can't break down at
the same time. I always bolus for alcohol. I also suggest eating before
drinking,  I stated that when you have too much alcohol and are drunk then
the alcohol eats the carbs. I still think this is true, but to be more clear
the alcohol breaks down and consumes the sugars which were once carbs. This
will bottom out your bg when you've had too much . This is proven by the
formula : Sugar + yeast = alcohol + Co2,
this happens when your drunk, not when your drinking responsibily.

You have assumed in your theory that insulin is peaking, I never assumed
that, and can say with me that hasn't been the case. You can have a good bg,
or even high bg, not bolus, have no residual insulin left at all, get drunk
and go low.