Re: [IP] re blood testing sites

In a message dated 5/2/2003 6:53:24 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Peter wrote-
>  Susan, You saying that your fingers remain sensitive for days makes me
> wonder if you are using the ball (or tip) of the finger?

I have always used the sides of the tip of my fingers.  As lancets improved,
there was less and less pain.  for several yrs, I barely felt the stick.
However, within the last yr or 2, my fingers get really sore after testing.
Sometimes the site hurts for several days.  (maybe because I am testing so
much more being on the pump?).  Rarely do I not feel the poke.

I have never used any sort of lancing device. I just poke myself with the
lancet.

Julie   (please save your cancelled postage stamps and mail them to
           Mr Maynard Guss    9593 NW 26th Place  Sunrise, FL  33322.
          This is an on-going fund-raiser for an organization called ASAP.
  <A HREF="www.asap4sm.org">www.asap.org</A> My daughter has this rare brain
condition)