Re: [IP] re blood testing sites

In a message dated 5/2/2003 6:53:24 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Peter wrote-
>  Susan, You saying that your fingers remain sensitive for days makes me
> wonder if you are using the ball (or tip) of the finger?

I have always used the sides of the tip of my fingers.  As lancets improved,
there was less and less pain.  for several yrs, I barely felt the stick.
However, within the last yr or 2, my fingers get really sore after testing.
Sometimes the site hurts for several days.  (maybe because I am testing so
much more being on the pump?).  Rarely do I not feel the poke.

I have never used any sort of lancing device. I just poke myself with the

Julie   (please save your cancelled postage stamps and mail them to
           Mr Maynard Guss    9593 NW 26th Place  Sunrise, FL  33322.
          This is an on-going fund-raiser for an organization called ASAP.
  <A HREF="www.asap4sm.org">www.asap.org</A> My daughter has this rare brain