[IP] :Blood sample sites

    Susan, You saying that your fingers remain sensitive for days makes me
wonder if you are using the ball (or tip) of the finger? Just in case you
haven't heard that the ball or pad of the finger is the most sensitive and
therefore the most uncomfortable part to get the blood sample, here are some
other areas. There is usually much less of an ouch at the sides of the tip(
between the ball and the nail). Another site to get a sample is the area on
top of the finger between the nail and the first knuckle. This is a little
trickier and requires a more shallow poke. Warm fingers are a real help in
this area.
    Did I interpret your message correctly?     Peter

> Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 14:14:17 -0300
> From: "BertnSue" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] re using ear lobes
> To reply to Kristen-
> I got a new meter last year that sips up the sample, but it still needs
> quite a lot of blood. I'll look into one of the newer ones. Sometimes at
> night I am too lazy to get out of bed so I'll use my fingers. I guess even
> with the long break they are still just too sensitive! The finger will hurt
> for a couple of days when I pick something up for example or dunk them in
> the sink to do the dishes.
lt to use!