[IP] Keeping Insulin Fresh

I receive a 3 month supply of insulin via mail order. It's expiration is
usually a year from the order date. I fill a 3 month supply of plastic
reservoirs with insulin, place them in a freezer bag, needle end up and
store them in my fridge for 3 months. I have never, in 3 years had any
insulin lose potency. I am extremely careful about using my emergency
(room temperature) always with me pre-filled redervoir within 3-4 days. Lynn