[IP] Re: who should be doing the work?

I know this response is a tad late but my computer got hit by lightening and
I am just now catching up on posts!

Back when I was diagnosed my parents had no insurance!  So, the 30 days was
paid entirely by my parents.  Oh, I fought giving my own shots but had to do
it in the end.  I remember bribery helping me make the decision to try!!!  I
still, after all those 40 years, am slow with the poke!!!  Even my site
changes, I cannot imagine just jabbing it in.  Hmmm, maybe it wouldn't be
quite as bad if I just jabbed it in, huh?
Also, on another note, the only other time I was hospitalized as a kid, I was
13 and again, the month long stay and no insurance!!!!  Yes, Dad paid for
that stay also.

I know the young ones cannot do the fixing of the syringes and such--I have a
6 y/o and cannot even fanthom her doing something like that but I think she
could actually give the shot.  I agree, site changes can be a bit scarier
than an injection.

I do hope I didn't come across as an old coot who thinks children should not
be helped out with their daily hassles of diabetes.  My children--all 5--are
definitely molly-coddled!!!  They do take care of their own laundry--except
the 6 y/o and help do dishes and other household chores as well as the 14 y/o
does the grass and helps with the flowers and gardening.  I have great

Ok, enough said before I get in trouble on here!!! LOL

Debbie and Maggie IP
3/63 dx
3/00 pumping