[IP] Re: Greetings and request for advice

>>>I am 41 years old and have been diabetic for almost 30 years.  I was
diagnosed by Navy doctors in 1974 who thought the best technique to handle
diabetes was to starve to death. >>>

Sounds like the starvation *Ladder Diet* they used in the '20s before
insulin. Anyone wanting a copy of that awful thang, e-mail me privately. I
hope your father was in the Navy and not you at 11 y/o. ;-)

>>>  With so many choices for pumps and infusion
sets, which way do I go.  I would like to hear from users as to what is good
and bad.  >>>

You can check the following:
Compare current pumps

For pump mfg'rs:

If you get the Pumping Insulin book by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts (through
IP's book page) be sure it is the 3rd edition.

As far as infusion sets, your body size and sensitivity and all kinds of
variables determine YOUR choice. Get some samples from your endo or CDE and
try them to see what you prefer. The most popular one may not be the one for
you. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

Many girls like to marry a military man -- he can cook, sew, make a bed, and
is in good health...and he's already used to taking orders.