Re: [IP] Type 1s, weight loss, and the pump

>>>I, too, lost weight after I was first diagnosed. I got those same remarks
about not eating and looking anorexic. >>>

There is a difference in weight loss at diagnosis and weight loss after
starting to pump. Weight loss at dx is a symptom of DM. I weighed 59# at 5'
when I was 11. (They said the typical DMer was a fat man over 40.) I had an
elastic-waist skirt that fell off me. I lost 20# after starting to pump 33
years later but that was due to not feeding the NPH and eating when I wanted
and covering it.

Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.