[IP] Greetings and request for advice

Hello.  This is my first post, so I guess I should tell a little about myself.
I am 41 years old and have been diabetic for almost 30 years.  I was diagnosed
by Navy doctors in 1974 who thought the best technique to handle diabetes was
to starve to death.  I stayed dosed with insulin and very little food.  As the
times changed and I reached adulthood, my handling of diabetes changed.  I
went from one insulin shot to 4 and learned better control habits.  Now, I am
ready to take the next step and begin pumping.  I have made up my mind that I
am going to do it.  My doctor has hooked me up with a loaner pump with saline
just to get used to the feel.  He hooked me up with this web site and mail
list to gather advice from folks who know about pumping the best - you folks.
So my question is pretty obvious.  With so many choices for pumps and infusion
sets, which way do I go.  I would like to hear from users as to what is good
and bad.  I would like to make an educated decision and not just guess.
Whatever information you can provide me is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in