Re: [IP] What do you mean-you have a handicap tag for just being on the pump?

In a message dated 5/1/03 1:26:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted
writes:

> For myself, have had diabetes for 14-15 years (one day I'll find out the
> exact year!) have been on the pump for almost 18 months. My last A1C was 8.8
> not all that great compared to all you folks. It's even been past 10 and
> above, how depressing. Sometimes I skip those messages where IPers are
> reporting their A1C-just depresses me even more. Guess I have no one to
> blame but myself...I am in control of my own life-right.
>
> No other major health issues, just several minor ones.

Hmmmm........I've had diabetes for 27 years.  Have neuropathy, retinopathy,
gastroparesis, chronic depression, carpal tunnel, trigger fingers, that thing
like frozen shoulder except it's in my hip.  My A1cs for the last 3 years
have been at or above 10 EVERY time.  The last one was 11.4 and I THOUGHT I
was doing better (sigh).  And I could get a handicapped tag?????  I'm
actually kidding, I dont want one.  I just honestly had no earthly idea that
I could get one.

Peace
Sharon