Re: [IP] Keeping Insulin Fresh

>>> I would expect a brand new unopened bottle of refrigerated insulin to
last *at least* until expiration date - wouldn't you?

Does anyone have any other input?

-gail in denver>>>

Can you - even if you have to pay out of pocket due to ins. restrictions -
buy a bottle of Humalog (dr's Rx req.) locally and see if that helps? I once
rec'd 4 vials of H while on vac. that sat in a cardboard box in the sun on
my porch for 1-3 days. I would suppose all those vials would be affected, as
your might be.

BTW, I did not use them but returned them with the boxes marked with a black
X so they wouldn't be used by anyone else.

People are like stained-glass windows - they sparkle and shine when the sun
is out, but when darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. ! Elisabeth Kubler-Ross