[IP] Welcome Problem

Here's a problem that I bet everyone wishes they could have. I'm not
complaing, I'm just a bit confused. I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago and started
pumping in October '02. I've always had decent control ( once I got in
control ) My A1c is always 6.0 - 6.5. Last month I started having trouble
keeping my levels within normal range. I hadn't changed the way I was eating
so I did another basal check. Everything was fine. For no apparent reason I
would suddenly be over 200. I would take a correction and drop back down.
This lasted for about two weeks. Now, all of a sudden, the opposite is
happening. I bolus, eat, check two hours later. My level will be fine but
then 1/2 hr to 45 min later I am low. I have changed my carb ratio for
boluses, lowered my basal, etc. and everyday the same thing happens. I just
keep trying a new carb ratio and lower the basal ( or change the time it goes
into effect ) every day. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them ? I'm
always afraid to make permanent changes because I don't want the next time I
eat to be the time that I go over 200 again. Any input anyone has would be
great. Thanks for all the help this site gives me everyday.