Re: [IP] Chest Pains (Long)

Cody, I'm replying on list because I want Rita to know I can talk the talk
and walk the walk! <G>

During my first MI (heart attack) the EKG said nothing was wrong.  It wasn't
until I got the blood test to look for a specific protein in my blood that I
then had a confirmed heart attack.

A few years later, I went to see my cardiologist for exactly what you are
talking about.  The cardiologist said that was having reflux disease.  I
asked him why nitroglycerin was working.  His answer was that nitroglycerin
works on reflux disease as well.

A few  weeks later I was having episodes of "reflux disease" thirteen times
a day.  I then went into heart failure and went to the emergency room.

My regular cardiologist was in Alaska hunting Polar Bears with a bow and
arrow (I was rooting for the bear!)

His wife was covering for him and did an angiogram.  I was blocked 100% and
it was only due to collateral circulation that I was still alive.

IMHO you may want to request a thalium treadmill stress test and/or an
angiogram.  A negative EKG is far from the absolute in detecting heart

Best wishes to you.