[IP] Med help

On 5/31/02 6:17 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> I may have come in on the tail end of a topic about getting insulin in
> Mexico
> but I never read if you can buy diabetic supplies there.  Today is the last
> day of health insurance coverage for us - indefinately!  My husband is
> self-employed and we have been on Cobra insurance for the last 18 months.  I
> went to pick up my prescriptions at the pharmacy yesterday and asked them
> what
> the cash price of Humalog and One Touch Ultra Strips were.  She said the
> Humalog would cost $117 (2 bottles) and the One Touch Ultra Strips were
> about
> $80 (100 strips).  That's already almost $200 and that's really not even
> enough strips.  Also that doesn't include insulin pump supplies.  My husband
> had a heart attact 3 years ago and is also on expensive meds (he's only 39
> years old).  I don't know what we're going to do.  We live in Texas and
> could
> drive to Mexico once or twice a year to stock up if they sell the meds we
> need.  Could someone please help!
> Sharon

Sharon, please email me and let me know what pump you have, what things you
need and also look into

But do write to me off list.

Pocket PC Use Windows CE, Home users, are using ME and business users use
NT. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can become
very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland