[IP] Fw: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #365

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 6:28 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #365

I had used Humilog ever since it was introduced both in the injections and
then in the pump, I have always had the same problems as you described along
with the "iinvisible" insulin problem, no matter what I tried or how closely I
watched everything, my blood sugars where all over the place, high when they
should have been low and low when they should have been high, go figure!  Well
my Endo changed me to Novolog almost a month ago, what a difference, my blood
sugars have stabilized, since the very first "fill up" they have been running
just were they were expected to be, my basals seem to be doing their job and
the boluses are actually taking care of the blood sugars from the meals, no
more second guessing.  With the Humilog I would sometimes have to take almost
twice as much as my per gram ratio was set for and then the next time for the
same meal I'd have to take less, I know all about the daily differences we
have to account for that change blood sugars and reactions to food, but that
was ridiculous.  I was very leery when my Endo changed me to Novolog, but now,
in my case it has been a delightful blessing.

Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:52:47 -0400
Subject: [IP] Humalog vs. Novolog

Has anyone noticed any better after meal blood sugar control with
novolog vs Humalog?  I have always used Humalog insulin.  My A1c's are ~
6.2, but my blood sugars are 200-240 11/2- 2 hours pc.  4-5  hours later
they're normal!  So if I correct for the high I go low later.  My basals
for most of the day is .1 units.  My Dr. says not to worry about the
highs since my A1C'a are good, but I do.  I just read in a diabetes
magazine that people find that novolog works better for this problem,
but they were using injections not pumps.

Any input would be appreciated.

Maeve kelly, pumping 5 years