[IP] Flap irr. Sof-sets

On 5/31/02 1:16 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

>> For those of you that sandwich your MM sofsets between layers of tape:  do
>> you insert the canula and inserter needle directly through the tape or do
>> you cut a hole in it first?  I've developed an irritation to the flaps --
>> they itch like crazy constantly, and when I take them out I have welts in
>> the shape of flaps that are visible for a weeks.  Thanks!
>> Sara
> When I was using sofsets I inserted directly thru the IV3000.  I never had
> any problems doing it that way.
> Sharon

I still just plow through the IV 3K with any of the sets...UF, Tenders, Sils
and QS. All of them. The 'stickum' causes itching if I don't. No punching
out a hole or anything, I lay the IV 3K down and 'Just Do It!' (Nods to

Pocket PC Use Windows CE, Home users, are using ME and business users use
NT. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can become
very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland