[IP] A name is a Name...

On 5/31/02 1:16 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 08:24:38 -0700
> From: "Derek Ryter" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] Animas R1000
> I apologize if anyone has already given this up, but I'm from southwest
> Colorado and the Animas River was named by the Spanish missionary Escalante
> in the late 1700s.  It is believed to be an Old Spanish word for "river of
> lost souls," a truly ironic name for a medical company.  I asked a rep once
> and was told that they chose the name from the Latin meaning as stated in
> posts.
> Derek

I know our local drugstore changed it's name after finding out the word they
were using was Mexican for something crude. Also have heard of a car that
had to have its name changed because in another language meant a part of
female anatomy. Not sure, so don't ask...But in the multi-cultural world and
Nation we're in, seems we have to be soooooo careful to not offend anyone.
I'm glad I don't have to choose names for things, I'd probably be in BIG
trouble <G>!

--The geek shall inherit the earth!
Jenny Sutherland