[IP] getting on the pump

Get the pump, pronto.  You will never regret it.  Get your MD to order it for you from MiniMed or whomever.  But get the pump without delay.  I had diabetes 45 years before I got my pump; that was in 1994.  It gives you much more control of your life and may reduce the severity of your complications.  Keep reading the comments on this site; you'll be surprised how much other pumpers like it, too.
PJ Flynn