[IP] Re: Animas positives, negatives and corp. name

I have some negative and mostly positive things to say about the Animas pump
and the company.
I agree with Jon on the Animas the negatives of the Animas pump itself.
Alarms and audio bolus are annoying at times. I would also love to have a
remote, the only feature Minimed has that I would really want.
As for the company and product overall, I am on my third pump from them since
January. The two previous just crapped out on me, but it wasn't a dangerous
situation because it was pretty obvious when I started having problems. Both
started having tons of occlusion alarms for no site-related reason or
That said, I love the Animas pump and it's features in general. The
waterproofness has been a really important feature for me, as have been the
basal rate increments of .05 and the temp basal rate percentage reduction.
Their customer service has been great overall. One time, one of my supply
orders sat around a few days before someone called to confirm it, which
wasn't real good. But the rest of the time has been great. So personable and
nice. When my first pump quit, the company CDE drove to my house the next
morning with her sample pump to give me until my new one arrived via
shipment. The second time, I was able to get a new one shipped before the
pump completely quit.
I also had some problems with my promotional Palm Pilot they gave me that
took a few months to resolve.
I think my problems have been really big flukes and I would not discourage
anyone from going with Animas.
As for the company name, it's the absolute best pump name out there if you
know what it means. According to Webster's:
anima b 1. life principle; soul 2. in Jungian psychology, the feminine
component of the unconscious of a man, specif. when apprehended as a female
figure by the psyche.
OK, that's all for my, uh, .4 cents or so!!
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumping since 1/02