[IP] rafting with a pump

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I have some questions... I am
going white water rafting on an all day "high adventure" trip in 2 weeks.  I've
been rafting many times before, but this trip is longer and more advanced than
we've done before.  They say the more difficult it is, the higher chance ther
is you will fall out.  There is also a point where you can jump out and swim
through a small rapid, but I have done this before and have no desire to do it
again.  Other times I have disconnected my pump and just done shots of humalog
to cover me.  But this time it is an all day trip including lunch.  Whenever I
am on shots for more than a couple hours I start to feel icky (even if my
sugars are not really high).  So, is it possible/a good idea to keep my pump
on?  Other than a couple ziplock baggies, is there any way to keep it
waterproof?  I have a mm508, so it is only water resistant.  I know I will get
soaked even staing in the boat the whole time.  Also, if I were to fall in and
it stopped working...that's not covered by the warranty is it?  And I doubt my
insurance would buy me another in that case.  Any tips would be welcome.