From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of maverickmom
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 10:40 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Animas R1000

I went to an online Latin dictionary because I thought
maybe it was based on a Latin word (I took 4yrs of
Latin - for what, I don't know! LOL! No, really, it
helps with learning vocabulary plus you can decipher
medical terms). Anyhow, when I typed in 'animas' it
gave me the info that i posted a few minutes ago. There
is another Latin word 'animus' with a similar meaning.

Sherri Lynn said:
Lyndy's comment got me to to thinking.  WHY is the
company named Animas?  Is
it named AFTER someone, something, or is it an acronym.

I rather like the name!  Animas seems to have taken the
best features of
both Disetronic and Minimed and combined it into one
neat pump!